All sixth form students have a 1 hour timetabled personal development session per week, dedicated to developing personal, social and employability skills.
A range of SMSC & PSHCE themes are covered, as well as ensuring that students have full Gatsby benchmark coverage to leave them well skilled and aware of progression options.
We ensure that students have an increasingly thorough awareness of progression routes into employment, apprenticeships and university. All students have opportunities to take part in a variety of exciting enrichment programmes due to our links with a wide range of universities (see below)
- University of Sheffield Discover Programmes (Dental Professions, Medicine, Law, STEM, Arts & Humanities and Social Sciences) – students learn about a range of degree courses and professions
- Cambridge University Residential – students experience life at a Russell Group university
- Sutton Trust Summer Schools – students apply for a university summer school on a range of courses
- Sheffield Hallam University – SHU delivers a series of talks about HE, Apprenticeships, UCAS & Careers
- Sheffield Arena UCAS convention – students attend this exhibition to gather information about university
- UCR HE masterclasses – students participate in a lecture in a course of their choice
- Leeds Beckett University – an experienced admissions tutor delivers a personal statement writing workshop
University Open Days – students visit universities of their choice to learn about courses