Wellbeing Support For Students
There are many sources of support within school:
- Form Tutor and your Head of Year team are available to discuss any issues. Many things can cause a change in mental health including traumatic events (e.g. loss or separation, life changes, abuse, domestic violence or bullying).
- Regular Assemblies and Morning Guidance activities which cover aspects of mental health and wellbeing and support building resilience.
- Ethics staff will cover mental health and wellbeing in your lessons
- Mr Weller, Safeguarding Officer offers support to students on wellbeing on a 1:1 or small group basis.
- Our School Nurse and Achievement Support Counsellor are all in school on a regular basis to offer students support on wellbeing and mental health. Your HOY Team can refer you.
- Wellbeing Surveys to ask you for your thoughts and ideas regarding wellbeing.
- Student leaders and Anti-bullying Ambassadors can also help you to get support from staff in school.
- PRIDE group (supporting LGBTQ+ students) – if you feel this is something for you, please contact Mrs Mellon: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any member of staff you feel comfortable talking to, will help you or you can contact Mrs Birch.
If you would prefer to seek support out of school, please look in the Advice section for lots of links to support.